The mission of Carnegie Elementary School is to provide a challenging learning environment that encourages high expectations for success through developmentally appropriate instruction. Our school promotes a safe, orderly, nurturing and supportive environment that exposes our students to unique learning opportunities that equip them for future successes. We are proud of our community's commitment and their partnership with our school that supports our efforts in helping our students “Rise to Excellence.”
This mission shall be achieved through the pursuit of these goals:
- To help all children develop positive and confident feelings about themselves.
- To help children recognize and respect cultural diversity and the individual worth of others.
- To provide balanced curricular offerings in reading, language arts, math, science, social studies, physical education, and fine arts.
- To teach children to assume responsibility for their work and for their actions.
- To diagnose the individual learning need of children and provide differentiated instruction.
- To maintain a learning environment throughout the school that is safe and engaging.
- To encourage all parents to be active partners in our pursuit of excellence for their children.